Government attempts to rebuild Marawi City, which was leveled during a five-month siege between government forces and Maute terrorists in 2017, would not be deterred by criticism.
According to chair and Housing Secretary Eduardo del Rosario, Task Force Bangon Marawi (TFBM) remains committed to meeting the needs of impacted residents and restoring normalcy to their lives.
He also thanked people and organisations for their support of the government’s varied interventions and vast restoration efforts in Marawi.
“I am very happy at least, there are some people now who are answering the negative criticism and telling those who are criticizing us that they don’t know what they are talking about,” del Rosario said in a statement on Tuesday.
Del Rosario said the TFBM’s 56 implementing agencies had been extremely committed to reviving citizens’ livelihoods.
Critics have criticized TFBM’s efforts, claiming that the repair is long overdue and that impacted residents lacked assistance.
TFBM, on the other hand, is adhering to its promise that “Marawi will rise again as a prosperous city,” according to del Rosario.
Del Rosario visited the city for three days last week, leading inauguration ceremonies for completed infrastructure projects.
He reaffirmed the government’s commitment to completing all projects under President Rodrigo Duterte’s tenure.
“And I am grateful for the majority who knows that the TFBM, Marawi local government unit, and provincial government, that we are working together to ensure that the rehabilitation will be undertaken smoothly and I can assure you that it will be completed within the term of President Duterte,” he said.
Del Rosario had stated that the renovation is already 80% complete.
On June 28, 2017, the TFBM was established by Administrative Order 3 following the government’s declaration of victory over terrorism.